Sunday, January 3, 2010

Write Through It

If you would have asked me five years or six months ago if I would become a blogger, I would have laughed in your face and said "Hell No". Little did I know that blogging and writing in general would become an outlet for me. Now that I'm not in school anymore, I still feel the need to put things on paper (or screen) in order to fill a little void I have. I also would have never guessed that I would so religiously follow other people's blogs. (Current favorites: Mommy Wants Vodka, Matt, Liz and Madeline, and The Spohrs Are Multiplying) They all have a story and I wait patiently each day to see if they have posted an update. But I am now a writer and a follower, who would have guessed!
The thing that sucks about being a writer is writer's block. When I sit down to write a blog or journal, so often I find that my mind, which was reeling just an hour ago, ends up blank. I sit here and wonder what to write about. I recently read a note from Stacy over at Indie Ink where she wished everyone a Happy New Year and said "Even if you think you have nothing to say, you do. Write through it." That helped me. I am going to use that as my drive. I will sit down and write through the emptiness that fills my brain. And for inspiration, all I really need to do is look at Sydney.

No comments: