Friday, January 1, 2010

The End of a Decade

Once you get to be my age...(I know some of you are snickering at that) you start to remember where you were 10 even 15 or 20 years ago. I remember exactly where I was when Y2K happened. I'll restrict those details because I'm sure NONE of you want to know about it... and I don't think I want to share. HA!
The last 10 years have had many good times (Frank) and some bad (Fights with Frank) and some REALLY bad times (Carrie, Brandon).
One of the BEST times was meeting Frank. That was early in the decade... 2001 to be exact. We started dating in 2002. (That's a great story for another time) Married in 2005 and had Sydney in 2009. When I think about it that way, I can't believe that I've known him and Abby that long!
In the new decade, I plan on being the best Me I can be. I know that sounds corny, but now that I'm leaving many years of schooling behind in the 00's, it is now my time to use my skills and abilities to achieve even more. I also plan on being the best Mom and Stepmom to our two girls. It's crazy to think that in 10 more years, Abby will be 25 and Sydney will be 10.
I also am planning on giving up the 'F' word. (Yes Aunt Kate, you read that right!) I just don't want it to be Sydney's first word! It's going to be hard because when a word is that prominent in your vocabulary for SO.MANY.YEARS it's not something you can do in just one day. I have been working on this for about a week now. You know. To get ready. I figure if I'm aware of it when I'm talking, then I'm more aware of choosing my words and not letting them just FLY out of my mouth.
Wonder what Aunt Becky would have to say about giving up that word.... HA! A friend said she would be taking bets to see how long it takes me to just give up.... We'll see!
Happy New Year!

No comments: