Tuesday, October 20, 2009

2 months, back to work, blogging, thanks

So... This is week two of my going back to work.

So far it's not too bad and also not too good. But I'll go so far as to say it's more good than bad. Baby is at daycare 3 days a week and with my sister in law 1 day a week. Yes, that's 4 days and I don't work on Fridays...WAHOO!!!! (HUGE Thanks go to my boss for fighting for my 1 day off!!) Can I just say THANK GOD for my sister in law! She is taking such good care of my baby it puts my mind at ease. Not that the daycare isn't taking good care of her, but you know, it's different when it's family.
I really miss my baby when I'm at work, but I know she's in good hands, learning a lot and that I am in NO WAY cut out to be a SAHM. While I was home, I would work very hard to get her to go to sleep, then after she'd be sleeping for an hour and I was showered and fed, I would sit and stare at her just waiting for her to wake up. Now that I'm back to work, I really miss being able to just sit, because there is just so much to do each night and I still need to get to bed early so I can be up with her at least once.... Thanks to Sydney for having mostly good nights and only waking up once between 9 and 6. Another thing I miss is having time to see my husband and time to write and blog. I vow to take a few minutes each day to get some thoughts out on this screen so I can remember what's going on right now and so Sydney can some day know too!
So, back to this work thing... You'd sure think that some things would have gotten accomplished while I was gone for 8 freaking weeks. I had to create a folder for all the to do list notes I have since I've been back. This is totally crazy! I do enjoy being back in the real world and the fact that this week I have more clothes that fit than last week. Another Thanks to Sydney for helping Mommy shed those pregnancy pounds without much work.
During my maternity leave I found this blog... www.mattlogelin.com. Matt lost his wife 27 hours after his daughter was born. Matt is an amazing writer and is doing an amazing job raising his daughter. Check out his blog, you'll be addicted to the daily happenings of Matt and Maddy's life. I started from the beginning and have to force myself to step away from the computer each night so I can get some sleep. It's like a real life book you just can't put down.
Also, huge thanks to my Mom for coming to help us out so much over the last 2 months. She fed us, did our laundry, folded Frank's underwear, built stuff for us and sewed stuff for Sydney. Mom you ROCK!!!
One last thanks to my hubby. He holds me up, keeps me sane, calms me down when I'm freaking out about him being in school 3 nights a week among other things. He is a great dad and an even better hubby! I must say I'm a little jealous of him cuz he gets to stay up later than me on a regular basis... :) You also ROCK!!!
The thing I'm most surprised about during this whole becoming a Mom process is that I'm dealing with the sleep deprivation remarkably well. At least I think I am...I'm sure there are others who will attest to whether that is a true statement.

No comments: