Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Once, I was pierced

So yes, I was pierced in more places than my ears.  No, not there, don't be gross.  At one point in my early twenties, I had 7 piercings. 
Last weekend, my husband got a call from his ex-wife stating that Miss 16 got her nose pierced.  Yes, her nose.  Can I just say noses gross me out to begin with not to mention when they are pierced. Ew. Don't get me wrong, if you have your nose pierced and you look cute, then more power to you, but I don't have to like it.  The worst part about the whole thing is that her Mother took her and seemingly made it ok because 'She was going to do it anyway'.  Really, so that makes it ok for you to take her and NOT CONSULT her Father?  If she had been within reach I would have smacked her, well both of them.
The other thing that really bothered me about the piercing is that her Mother said that Miss 16 said that her Father wouldn't mind because I was pierced and it didn't bother him.  For the record as mentioned before, I was in my twenties and 5 of the 7 piercings were in my ears.  The others were relatively unseen, bellybutton and tongue.  Did I mention I was in my twenties?  The bellybutton was one of those things I did while on vacation and it was really cute for quite a few years.  The tongue, well, that was something I just had to do and it was totally a spur of the moment thing.  It hurt like hell and I would never recommend it to ANYONE.  I kept it for about a year and when I had to take it out for a hospital stay I never put it back in.  No harm no foul, no one can see the little scar and people who didn't know me then are surprised when I tell them I had my tongue pierced. 
Again, did I mention I was in my twenties?  And noses = EW

No comments: