Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The First Bruise

Today is a day I've been waiting for ever since Sydney started to move around on her own.  Today is the day an accident report was sent home from Daycare. Today is the day she has a knot on her head.  It's a bump and starting to bruise.  You see, the child I gave birth to almost eight months ago, is on the move and not stopping.  In the last few days, we have found that we can no longer turn our head, because looking away for just a second means that she is into everything.  She has also started standing up in and rocking her crib.  In her classroom at Daycare, there are wood shelves about two feet high where toys are stored.  My darling daughter was climbing on the shelves, trying to stand up when she lost her balance and landed head first on a toy.  I knew the day would come where she came home with a booboo but I didn't think it would be so soon.  I guess we really are ready for her to move on to the next room which is a little more equiped for those on the move. 

No comments: