Monday, April 5, 2010

Sick List

So, we've been sick for quite a while around here, actually almost the entire month of March.  It's been so often and so much this month, that I actually had to start keeping track by date. 
But first, let's have a picture of the sleeping beauty to start us off!

Here's the sick list:

1 - Monday: The first day of the month, all clear.  My joke of the day was that March was in like a lion work wise, but the weather seemed nice.  Sydney to the doctor for a follow up.
2 - Call from Daycare about 2:30.  Sydney has pinkeye, since she was at the doctor yesterday, no need for her to come in, perscription sent to the pharmacy.  How the hell am I to get drops in the eyes of a six and a half month old?  She also is getting snotty.
3 - Frank came down with a horrible cold while staying home with Sydney.  She couldn't go to daycare because she needed to be on the eye drops for 24 hours before returning.  Note: The 24 hour rule SUCKS.
4 - Sydney back to daycare, Frank home sick from work.  I started coming down with a sore throat, which is a usual occurance for me, so I didn't think anything of it.
5 - Frank back to work, I'm home with Sydney for my usual Friday off, starting to feel crappy.  Sydney also coming down with a cold.
6 - My voice is on its way out, throat is severely sore.  Frank is feeling crappy.  Sydney is boogery.
7 - Sunday.  Something is up with Sydney, during the afternoon I spent 2 hours in the chair rocking her so she would have a nap. Post nap: Fever 102.3. Call to clinic - They say take her to Children's Urgent Care.  After a dose of Tylenol, off we go.  Thankfully there wasn't a long wait.  The doctor said ear infection - the worst kind of bad. Oh Geez, that must make me Mom of the Year for not noticing it sooner.  Started Cefdinir for 10 days.  This child was in poor shape.  Rough night ahead including vomiting on me around 9:30.  Since Grandma V watches her on Mondays, she would be able to be home and I would be able to go to work.
8 - My voice was totally gone. My throat was more sore than it had been in a while and around 2:00 my nose started running and it was NEON.  Off to Urgent Care I go... The verdict was Sinus Infection with a touch of Bronchitis which meant antibiotics and cough syrup with Codiene.  Sydney still has a fever.
9 - Since Sydney still had a fever yesterday, she can't go back to daycare due to the 24 hour rule.  She also had a fever today.  More Motrin for her and I stayed home with her.  Grammy also came down to help out because I was feeling so aweful.  By now, Sydney had a horrible cough so we went back to the doctor and she had to have a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia.  No pneumonia, just a bad cold.
10 - Sydney had a fever on the 9th, so no daycare on the 10th. She still had a fever in the morning, but it finally was gone by the afternoon.  The fever had broke so the 24 hour rule was in effect, she would not make it back to daycare on the 11th. 
11 - Sydney was home with Grandma V and I was back to work, even though I still felt like crap.
*Note - Since Sydney was on this antibiotic, she had given up sleeping through the night and was having blowouts at least once a day - which is the most fun thing. Ever.
12 - Home with Sydney again because it was Friday.  We were both not feeling great, but were chilling at home which is always nice.
13 - Saturday was just another day of dealing with the sick.  We could tell Sydney wasn't herself yet and that the antibiotic was not agreeing with her system.  We went through our normal bedtime routine and she went down very easy.  I heard her coughing several times as I was eating dinner and getting ready for bed but since she had been coughing with this cold, I didn't think anything of it.  When I went upstairs I had found that she threw up all over herself and her crib.  I wrote about those details here.
14 - A better day for all of us. Finally!
15 - Another good day.
16 - Back to daycare for Sydney!  We all made it all day!
17 - A call from daycare - more pinkeye, back to the doctor, use the drops again. As long as we were there, another ear check and all was good!
18 - Home with Sydney - no daycare because of the 24 hour rule
19 - Home with Sydney for our usual Friday at home, all is well.  I said to Abby "With all the sick around here, I'm surprised you're not sick."
21 - A decent weekend, we were all seemingly healthy.
22 - Another trip to the Doctor for Sydney.  This was an ear checkup and time for her flu boosters.  She did great, I put her down for a nap when I got home and she got to play with Nana all day.  Abby came down with a horrible fever and stayed in bed all day. Frank ended up leaving work early to take Abby to the doctor, her fever was 102 and higher.  Doctor said it's just a virus.  Sorry for the jinx kiddo.
23 - Sydney made it to daycare and stayed there all day!  Abby is still in bed.  I feel yukky but since my boss is on vacation, there is no way I can stay home.
24 - Sydney made it to daycare again and stayed all day!  YAY!  Abby still in bed, finally starting to feel better.  I'm feeling horrible and was in bed by 8:00, shortly after Sydney.
25 -Sydney made it to daycare again and stayed all day!  She was in her whole week!  Abby finally went back to school.  I feel horrible, again and have a fever.  Keeping up on the Tylenol and Advil, but still going to work.
26 - I feel pretty terrible, but I have to head to physical therapy to fix my Benign Positional Vertigo.  Due to the fact that I was also battling a sinusy cold, the therapy didn't help much, so I had to cancel my next couple appointments until the cold was gone.  I was so sick that if I didn't know better I would have thought I had Mono again.
27 - My mom came down to help out so I could rest.  I did end up going to Urgent Care - I feel like death with a 102 fever.  Oh Great.  Just a virus - my favorite thing!
28 - Feeling great, like night and day difference from Saturday.
29 - Back to work.  Sydney had a little bit of a fever and was fussy all day.  Back to the Doctor to get her cough checked out.  Just a virus and ears look good.
30 - Since Sydney had a fever the day before the 24 hour rule apply's. Pardon me, but I FUCKING HATE THE 24 HOUR RULE!  But I also totally understand it and why it's important.
31 - The last day of March.  Sydney back to daycare, all is well.  The weather is nice, the sun is out and we are all healthy - but not too soon.... Around 9:30 I got a call from Daycare.  "Did you notice any spots on Syd this morning?" NO I DIDN'T!!!!  The words "Hand Foot and Mouth" came from her teacher, which basically mean, Get Your Kid Out Of HERE!!!  Another trip to the clinic to confirm the illness which also means no more daycare ofr the rest of the week or until the spots have dried up.
April 1 - She was still spotty so she stayed home with my mom so I could go back to work.
Sydney missed 8 full days and a couple half days of daycare in the last 5 weeks.  This normally wouldn't be bad but she is only there 3 days a week.

March, I hate you.  It's now April 5 and so far everything seems ok.  She seemed to have a few fussy moments yesterday and today, but I'm hoping it's just her teeth.

Oh, and Happy Easter!

No comments: