Saturday, November 21, 2009

The First Day

The first day of the rest of our lives. It was a Tuesday - December 9 to be exact. I finished the last MBA assignment on Friday. Then on the following Monday, I said to Frank "I think I might be pregnant". I was standing in front of the fridge with the door open. I remember it like it was yesterday. His words were, "So take a test". I waited until Tuesday morning - they say the morning is the best time to take one. I didn't want to get my hopes up because we had been disappointed so many times before...but I was actually late this time. So Tuesday, I jumped out of bed - something that I haven't done since I stopped believing in Santa. I had that same feeling of excitement. So I peed. Then I waited. Those few minutes seemed like the longest. moments. ever. Then it happened. My words were "Holy Shit, come look at this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I took another test that night...just to be sure.
That was the day that changed our lives forever. And now I look at the little bundle almost a year later and can't believe it. Awesome.

1 comment:

justnangel53 said...

Aaand, soooo, when was it exactly that you stopped believing in Santa???? Big Grin!! :)