Monday, May 3, 2010

We Marched

This post is a couple weeks late becuase I'm a slacker and didn't get the pictures uploaded sooner.

I am so inspired by the people I have found in the Twitterverse and the Blogosphere.  Everyone has a story to tell and they all do the March for Babies for their own reasons. I shared my reasons here.

Our March for Babies was April 24.  The whole week before I avoided listening to the weather because I just didn't want to know.  They kept forecasting rain and I didn't want to believe it.  I wanted our Sydney to walk with us and all the other families.  When we woke up on Saturday, it was raining.

And cold. I think the temp was about 50 - maybe even colder.  Sydney stayed home with Grammy which was all the better.  The rain was sometimes light and sometimes hard during the walk.


I was surprised by the number of people.  They were of all kinds, young and old, all sizes, shapes and colors.  All walking for their own reason's.  There were kids in strollers.
There were those with umbrellas, some with raincoats, some with no rain gear at all.  And they walked for babies.
And we walked and I cried.  You couldn't see my tears because of the rain, but I cried.  I cried because there were so many people walking because they know a baby that was born too soon or with issues and I hate it.  It makes me so sad.  Mom's and Dad's and babies and sister's and brother's and Grandma's and Grandpa's and Auntie's and Uncle's should never have to go through dealing with what Heather Spohr and Paula Hoitink are going through. 
When I decided that we should create a March for Maddie and Jack team, I set a goal of only $250.  I know it's not much but I know that every little bit helps.  Well, we raised $330 for the March of Dimes!!!!  I was very excited we were able to exceed our goal.
It was a rainy dreary day, but it was a good walk.

We were a little wet but not too soaked and I was very happy to be a part of something that is doing good.

And we also had fun splashing in the rain!

No comments: