Sunday, December 20, 2009

The REAL Postpartum

Now that baby is 4 months old, I think the real postpartum has set in. Well not really, but maybe a little. I've read how the sleep deprivation and the body changes that you go through during the first few weeks can lead to depression, but I think the real depression begins when you go back to work, still haven't had the baby sleeping through the night, and you realize how broke you really are. At least that's how it is for me. When I first went back to work - more than 2 months ago, I was bragging because MY was sleeping through the night. Was is the word of the day here people... She was only waking up once in the night. Now that she's no longer sick, I thought for sure we'd go back to our old ways of one waking per night....NOT SO PEOPLE! The last 2 nights she has been up 3 times. I'm not sure if it's because she has been soothing herself to sleep with the help of the Baby Einstein Sea Dreams Lullaby Soother and wakes up not knowing how to get back to sleep or if it's because she's at the beginning stages of teething. But either way, it SUCKS for me! I'm also not sure if she's really waking up or if I hear her making noise and immediately go to her. That's the downfall to having her crib in our room. But without another bedroom for the baby, what do you do. I'm hoping that this week will be better... because Momma needs some sleep.
And as for being broke... no one really tells you how much it costs to have a baby. Well maybe they do and once again I didn't listen. Note to self: Learn to listen better. Between daycare and diapers, it's a money pit. I think I better find a way to tap into this Billion Dollar Baby Business. And I also better figure out how to use this blog to make money...any suggestions?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

let her sleep Jess...... Even though you her, you dont need to go to her. that will only cause problems later. I know its hard to hear your little making noise but you need to let her work through it. you never know sometimes you actually might be waking her.